Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Reaping what you sow

Yesterday I staked Jami out in the office because I wanted to talk about my evaluation before school started.  I said, "I don't want to be stressed about this any more."

He smiled and asked, "You're stressed?"

I told him what Mark had said about him taking the weekend to hire my replacement.  

Jami laughed and said, "What kind of son would say that?"

My son.

The whole apple not falling far from the tree is at play here though.  On Friday I asked Mark if he'd registered for next semester and he said that he had intended to, but forgot what day it was.

I said, "Maybe you aren't smart enough for college."

They got it from somewhere, those cheeky kids.

I got it from somewhere too.  I'll just leave that there.

My conversation with Jami went well.  He gave me good feedback and I want good feedback because ultimately I want to be better and the only way I can get better is if I get feedback.

Yay me for having a terrible lesson and getting lots of feedback!  Like I told Jami, it wasn't my worst lesson ever, but it was my worst lesson ever being observed during.

My mom told me her worst observation was when she was student teaching and her own son was misbehaving terribly during class.  If she had asked me which son, I would have said Tabor for sure, but it was Enoch.  And I guess it could have been either of them.  I remember them as teenagers....

At least my cheeky son wasn't in my class.

That's something.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails