Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Hurray!

I use up plenty of space on here writing about what is hard about my job.  Here are two things that happened yesterday that I am still smiling about.

They couldn't get logged into Lexia, which is a literacy computer program we use daily.  One of the boys asked, "Can you read to us?"

Reading to children is one of my favorite things in the world.  When they want me to read to them?  It feels like Christmas morning.

***

Every time I pick my class up from a specialty class, I ask the teacher how they did.  Usually they respond that they were "OK" or "Pretty good."

Yesterday, I picked them up from art and there was a sub, which isn't a winning combination for good behavior.

I asked, "How did they behave?"  

She said, "They were really good.  They were the best behaved class I've had all day."

Last year I would hear things like that all the time.  Last year, my class was angelic.  This year....

But yesterday!  I felt giddy.  I usually give them a letter toward the word we are spelling if I get a good report.  Yesterday I gave them two letters.

I was that happy.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I adore you!

Mark Dahl said...

What a great job you are doing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails