Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Crooked desks and high hopes

Yesterday:

It snowed more.

We had inside recess...

...which was remedied by my students having PE. (Hallelujah!)

An aide asked me if there was a reason the desks were crooked.

Yes, I spent all day getting them in that exact configuration.

Yes, that fosters better learning.

Yes, I hate straight lines.

I didn't say any of that because the question left me speechless.  (The same way I never had a return when people asked me if I curled Mark's hair when he was a toddler who clearly couldn't/wouldn't sit still and I evidently looked like a person who had the skills and willpower to curl a toddler's hair.)

The other day Courtney said that she used to think it was difficult for people who have never been in a classroom to understand what it is like to be a teacher.  But now she thinks it is difficult for some people who are in a classroom to understand what it is like to be a teacher....

Today:

We're going to Las Vegas after school.  It is the Nevada state basketball tournament and we are going to watch our two favorite superstars, Isaiah and Luke.  I'm pretty sure I'm coming home with a trophy.  That's how it works, right?

The aunt gets the trophy?

I thought so.

1 comment:

Geri said...

I mowed the lawn last week and we have had snow twice this week. Not as much as you BUT snow :( Hoist that trophy this weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails