Pages

Friday, February 4, 2022

Grateful Friday

Well, I survived it. 

It's been a very long and very tiring week, but it's Friday.  Fridays keep coming.

Today is a non student day.  I have four meetings plus a completely unrealistic to do list for my classroom.  (Hope springs eternal.)

I'm grateful for a day to reset and do all the things that didn't happen earlier this week because Parent Teacher Conferences were all consuming

I'm grateful for my friends.  Last night when they called us to dinner, I felt a little jolt of pleasure that I got to go eat with my friends.  And I know it doesn't even matter who I sit by.  They are my people.

I'm grateful for Adam.  I love that we can reconnect after our various long days of activities.  The other day I asked him what he was thinking about and he said, "I'm just thinking about how much I like our kids."

We both like them.  A lot.  How lovely that we all ended up in the same family.

I'm grateful for my students.  Some of them cause problems.  They stretch me and test my patience on the daily.  But I also love them.  Last night I had a conference with a student who is leaving the school.  He brought me a gift.  He cried when we were saying goodbye and I put my arm around him and told him he was a great kid and would love his new school.  He is a great kid.  And he is one that has been SO hard.  They struggle, but they worm their way into my heart.

I'm so grateful I get a chance to try my hand at making their third grade year something.

***

Last night when I was closing up shop for the night, I noticed that one of my students had done this while I was talking to her parents.  I have these signs I put on the board and I list underneath what they're supposed to be doing.  (They still ask me ten times and I say, "Look at the board.")  I love when they think that they are being so very clever.



2 comments:

Marianne said...

Love you!

Mark Dahl said...

I'm so thankful those children have you and you have them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails