Pages

Friday, February 11, 2022

Grateful Friday

I'm a broken record of things I'm grateful for:  Adam, our kids, my extended family, being a teacher, my school.

Here are some off the beaten path things I'm grateful for:

  • audio books
  • when Adam lies on my side of the bed before I get in so it's warm
  • watching Abbott Elementary.  It's a TV show about an elementary school and sometimes it is SPOT ON.
  • watching All Creatures Great and Small.  Mark nailed it when he said it was like getting a warm hug.
  • paper clips--they're awesome and I use them all day every day.  Whoever invented them was a whiz.
  • mandarin oranges
  • red grapes
  • cheese and crackers
  • Newbery books
  • Advil
  • my plants
  • orange ginger lotion from Bath and Body Works
  • sunshine
  • the days I don't have recess duty
And OK, this is a teacher thing, but it made me really happy.  This particular student struggles a lot with behavior and ADHD.  They are fairly new to the school and I haven't had enough time to crack that particular nut.  Yesterday, they had a writing assessment and this was at the bottom of their paper.  The bottom meaning the whole page was filled!  


I love this story.  It's my best work.  Music to my ears.  And the apostrophe practically made me swoon.

It's a good life if you notice.

2 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

Yes! I also love orange ginger lotion from Bath and Body Works. :)

Mark Dahl said...

Great post, dear Thelma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails