Pages

Monday, February 7, 2022

Weekend

Another weekend.

It started when I woke up to this text that Emma had sent at midnight to our group chat:



Calliope is Emma's car.  Since I have a good imagination, I thought of many reasons why she would send that text and few of them were good.

Braeden, the other early riser in the family sent me this:




When Adam woke up, I got the story.  She was fine which is something that she could have included in her midnight text.  Then Emma came over and told us more of the story.  

She was in her apartment, getting ready for bed.  There was a bang on the door and someone insistently rang the doorbell.  Her roommate talked to them, then asked Emma, "What color is your car?"

Emma said, "White."

Her roommate said, "Oh no. I thought it was silver."

Two women had come to Emma's door.  They were sisters and Russian.  (And turns out Emma can do a pretty good Russian accent when telling the story.) They had been smoking outside their apartment when they saw a driver crash into Emma's and a few other parked cars.  Then the car drove away.  Another good citizen saw it and followed the driver.  

Emma called the police but the good citizen had called the police too.  The crasher of cars was extremely drunk but the police were able to get her.  All's well that ends well (except probably not for the drunk driver).

Poor little Calliope.


And Emma promised not to send me any more texts like that.

When the whole family was hashing it out on the group text, Mark sent this:


When they were babies, I missed a lot of sleep while parenting.  I think Adam surpassed me a long time ago though.  I go to bed and he takes the late shift.

Sunday we decided to go to Logan to see Mark.  Ostensibly it was to take him some stuff.  Really we just miss him.  Hugging him was worth the whole drive.  We gave him some shelf stable gluten free stuff that we'd bought.  (The cafeteria is sometimes randomly closed--for Mardi Gras, for example--and sometimes is out of gluten free food.  Gluten free is the pits.)  We also delivered some insulin and some clothes.  We spent a few precious hours with our Mark and that is sometimes exactly what we need.  When we dropped him off and he was walking away from the car, I said, "What a cute boy."

Adam said, "I love that kid so much."

Here's hoping our love bolsters all of them and keeps them upright in a turbulent world.  It's what we want most.


2 comments:

Marianne said...

He's also a funny guy. "Ladies, get a man who can do both." :) Glad Emma is OK!

Mark Dahl said...

I'm so glad Emma wasn't in it when it was hit. Love you all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails