Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day in third grade.  Quite a ride.  They brought the sugar:


With every backpack that was emptied, I could feel my work being cut out for me to keep a lid on it all.

They did pretty well staying away from the table of treats until the appointed time.  It was all very exciting.  We saved the party for the last part of the day.  We made cootie catchers and they distributed their valentines, which were all candy, and I distributed my valentines for them, which were little bags of chips.

They were so excited about the chips.  Imagine squealing and holding Cool Ranch Doritos to your chest in delight.  

There isn't a child there who isn't grateful.

One of them brought me this monkey:


I asked her what we should name him and she immediately said, "Antonio."  I put him by Bruno.  Bruno is kind of our mascot.  As in, if things are hard, we say, "Silencio Bruno!" (from Luca.)

One of my students made Bruno a hat last week.  

After work, Adam and I had steak and roasted potatoes.  Every night is date night around here.

I love my little corner of the world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails