Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Exciting times

I wear boots almost every day to school in the winter.  Some of them zip but when I wear the ones with no zippers, I wonder why we don't have a boot jack.  I asked Adam if he had a boot jack when he was growing up and he said no.

We always had one (except I couldn't tell you where there is one in my parents' house now...by the back door?).

I think these boot jack thoughts and then I promptly forget until the next time.

Last night, I thought two thoughts:  why don't we have a boot jack? and where do you even get a boot jack?

Amazon.

I ordered one.  So that was exciting.

In yesterday's exciting addition of what will the third graders say next, one of my students asked me if it was OK if he said the "k" word.

I had no idea.  "What is the "k" word?" I asked carefully.

He said, in a stage whisper, "Cramp.  Because I have one in my leg." 

Hands down the most exciting part of the day for me yesterday was when I used Blocksi and blocked several students from going to Youtube when they were supposed to be doing Lexia. I got an inordinate amount of pleasure from their shocked expressions.

I let them know I could watch their online activity.  It's nice to let them know occasionally that I'm in charge.  (They mostly would beg to differ.)





3 comments:

Marianne said...

So funny!

Geri said...

I had to look up boot jack to know what it was. It would have been very handy.

Mark Dahl said...

Our boot jack is by the back door. I use it when I walk and wear my boots which hardly ever happens. Wish we would get some snow so I would need to use it. Love the Kramp story.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails