Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The highs and lows

I didn't sleep well and that never yields a great day.

I have three cuts on my hands significant enough for bandaids and two others that I glued together.  People with tissue paper thin skin shouldn't handle so much paper.  I get so many paper cuts, especially in the winter!  (Except the biggest cut was from a knife.  Maybe I just need to wrap my hands in bubble wrap.

One of my students went on the lam twice.  As in people were walking around with walkie talkies trying to locate him.

After a rollicking mess in math with manipulatives, I cleaned that up during recess and wasn't super prepared for my phonics lesson, which, oops, I forgot I was being observed during.

My students did really poorly on a grammar assessment.

I had a headache all day (see above:  not enough sleep).

I had to go to Walmart to get ten laundry baskets for my classroom.  It was to put yoga balls in for students to sit on (so the balls can't roll away).  They have to balance which helps some of them focus. I was on the phone with Marianne and I told her I needed her because the baskets were on the very top shelf.  She said, "You would be amazed how many times people ask me to reach things for them at Walmart."  I wished she, or any of my tall siblings, were there, but alas.  (Why didn't I get any of the height?)  I told her I needed to hang up.  I, of course, couldn't find any employee to help me so I moved things off the lower shelves and climbed up and tipped the stack of laundry baskets so it crashed on my head.  It was the best idea I had.  It made a tremendous crash and a guy in a yellow vest came by and then sped away, not wanting my problem to become his.  I picked everything up and then the cashier didn't give me a tax exemption (school credit card) like she insisted she had.  She said, "Oh, well I thought it worked."  I told her I needed her to fix it and she sent me to customer service.

If you go to Walmart, you deserve what happens to you is the takeaway.

Adam had a work thing and wasn't home for dinner.

I guess, besides climbing the shelves at Walmart, it was more lows than highs.  Some days are like that.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Hey! You got to talk to me! Does it even get any better than that? :)

Mark Dahl said...

I was climbing at WalMart the other day too. Sorry for your mishap.

Olivia Cobian said...

Some days are like that...even in Australia.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails