Pages

Friday, February 18, 2022

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful Mark is feeling better.

I'm grateful our children are all happy and enthusiastic about their lives and choices.

I'm grateful to have a job I love.

I'm grateful to be empty nesting with Adam.  I talked to a mother who has kids at home.  She said, "That must feel weird."  

I said, "It's kind of great."

There was an awkward silence and I felt like I had to quickly add that I like my kids....

Still.  It's kind of great.

I'm grateful for wise words that stick with me.  I heard awhile ago, "You are a human, not a robot."  It informs my to do list more often than not.

I'm VERY grateful that it is the weekend.  Adam has been gone for the past three evenings.  I love that he is a man who serves faithfully in his calling, but I also love him and I'll be glad to have more time with him this weekend.  And it's a three day weekend!  Even better.  We're going to Nevada Sunday and having a President's Day lunch at Marianne's on Monday, a.k.a. an excuse to get together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails