Pages

Monday, April 4, 2022

Good morning from Davis

Being a grandma is definitely living up to the hype.  Her parents are internet shy, so you'll have to believe me on this one, but she is BEAUTIFUL.  I love everything from her wispy hair to her long toes.  She definitely doesn't have my babies' blocky feet but she does have my lop ear.  Her eyes are sort of navy blue like Braeden's were at that age and she has long delicate fingers.  She hardly cries (because she's, you know, perfect) and I'm kind of hogging her.  Braeden said, "Maybe you should give Dad a chance to hold her..."

Adam just smiled at me and said it was OK. (And I have shared her.  A little.)

He did get to push the stroller when we went on a walk in the arboretum.  He went off road a little because if you give him a Subaru or stroller with adventurous capabilities, he will test them both.


Davis also lives up to the hype.  It is a very lovely place.  Everywhere you look is green and picturesque.  The campus is beautiful and today we're going to walk Braeden to class.  I told him I'd bring a brown paper sack lunch for him decorated with a picture and yell, "Make good decisions!" as he walks into class.  I guess I have latent energy from never having sent him to elementary school.

Adam and I enjoyed a little birthday party breakfast with my family on Saturday morning, hosted by Olivia.  We went around the table saying what we loved about my mom, the birthday girl, and it was basically a cry fest because we are criers and we love my mom.  A lot.

We also enjoyed General Conference and drank it up like the quenching refreshment that it is.  I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the hope and peace it brings to me.  I know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and I can't stop thinking about what I learned in Relief Society recently.  He has a custom curriculum for each of us.  He is less concerned about the ease of our lives.  He wants us back and He gives us opportunities to learn and struggle and grow.

When our little baby is squirming, face adorably contorted while she cries plaintively for some unmet need, I find myself calmly soothing her, knowing that she's OK and that we all love her and are there for her and that (most importantly) Anna is nearby.  I wonder if God feels the same way when we are in trouble.

It's all right, little one.  You're going to be OK.  Help is here.

1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

I love this post, Thelma and I love all of you in Davis. Have a great time with Eleanor and her parents.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails