Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Grandpa


We are loving this.  We often look at each other with amazement.  How did something so wonderful happen to two kids like us? 

Also, who didn't see this coming?  Adam is killing it as a grandpa so far.  The stroller/carseat combo he bought needed an adapter to work together, which he purchased.  But it wasn't clicking together quite right.  Adam spent the afternoon figuring it out.  He removed parts and reassembled others and it works and our little angel is safe.  It reminded me of when we first got married and our dads could figure out anything and we...couldn't.

He also figured out how to hang a storage situation that had fallen off the wall.  I told Adam, "You're like our dads who knew everything."

He said, "I had to wait until I was a grandpa."

We babysat Her Royal Highness last night while Anna and Braeden went to dinner.  Adam read her the books we bought her for Easter--we didn't want her waking up Easter morning thinking we'd forgotten her--while I held her.

Later, she was chilled out, lying on the couch next to me and Adam sat on the floor next to her and told her a story of The Three Bears with her in the starring role as Goldilocks.  Except, unlike Goldilocks, she was so kind that the bears were friendly to her and didn't mind that she was in their house.  She watched his face closely while he talked, hanging on every word.

If she ever reads my blog, that little girl should know that she is LOVED.  We are besotted!




3 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

This made me cry. I'm so thankful you two are so thankful to be grandparents.

Olivia Cobian said...

What wonderful grandparents you are!

Marianne said...

I love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails