Pages

Monday, April 25, 2022

Weekend

After writing that I appreciated my siblings on Friday, I was surprised by one of them--unrelated to what I wrote.  I don't think he reads my blog.

Enoch texted:


He was in Utah and Adam and I enjoyed meeting him for dinner.  We sat at the table for hours, catching up.  When we walked out of the restaurant, through the crowd of people waiting to be seated, Enoch said, "I feel bad we sat there so long."

I didn't.

It was great.  We talked about our children and Enoch's family's upcoming move to Portland.  He showed us pictures of their new house and we showed him pictures of our new granddaughter.

Something about siblings makes you feel Understood with a capital U.

Saturday we did all of the regular Saturday things.  Errands and tidying and taking care of the plants.  Emma texted me a new app called I Love Hue.  You unscramble colored tiles into the proper gradient and she's a lot better at it than I am and I take it personally.  We watched Downton Abbey while we ate dinner. Being an empty nester means taking your plate wherever you want.  We are rewatching the series to get ready for the movie.

We have goals.

After church, Adam went to Austin for a business trip.  Emma came over for a vegetarian gluten free recipe I was auditioning for when Mark is home.  It was good and not hard to make so something he can learn.  Emma and I talked to each other and then to her brothers and Anna on the phone.  She showed me her art and we talked about our jobs.

I love that she is happy.

Weekends are such a nice mix of productivity and slow.  They are good for the soul.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails