Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

I've always loved a good Davis

Well, Davis is a great place.  The town is beautiful and I only love it more the longer we are here.  I also love the campus.  It feels like a garden and is crisscrossed with bike trails and students whizzing about on bikes.

When I was picking out a UC Davis Christmas ornament for Braeden and Anna, a lot of them had bikes on them and I didn't really know why.

Now I do.

It is a bicycle place.

I loved seeing the kids, almost none of them with helmets, most of them with beach cruiser bikes with wire baskets, hair streaming behind them, gliding among the tall trees.  Hammocks are strung between the trees and students lounge there, reading.  California dreamin'.

We walked Braeden to campus, and stopped a few times when we came across friends of theirs who wanted to see the baby.  When we got to Braeden's building and stood outside his office with his name on the door, I vacillated between mama pride and grandma pride.  I loved meeting his friends and seeing how much they all genuinely liked each other.  They were excited to meet Her Royal Highness and it all made me very happy.

We walked back to their apartment and left Anna to rest, while Adam and I headed out, baby in tow, on our first grandparent outing.  We drove to Woodland and Adam showed me around where Braeden and Anna briefly lived there.  We struck out into the countryside because Adam is Adam and has never met a road he doesn't want to explore.  It was beautiful farmland that reminded me of the Loire Valley in France.  I guess I was there the same time of year so it makes sense.  We went to Costco and bought some Easter gifts for our little cherub--clothes and Sandra Boynton board books.  Adam also selected a Vornado fan for their apartment and I grabbed a box of diapers.  

Being a grandparent is fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails