Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Easter

Saturday afternoon, Adam said, "Would you mind if I go to a birthday party tonight for Kaden?"

That's a guy he works with, who is unmarried and they were apparently having a guys only birthday party. I didn't mind Adam going.  I went to bed early.

Sunday morning, I asked Adam about the party and he was kind of vague about it.  "Who was there? What did you do?" 

"All the guys. We just hung out."

Whatever.

Later he told me that he had an Easter gift for me.

I said, "Is that a thing?"

He said yes.

He told me it was in the living room.  I asked, "Is it a puppy?"

He said, "Close."

I asked, "Is it a bunny?"

He said, "Close."

I walked into the living room and Mark was sitting in the rocking chair and since he'd heard my question, he was making bunny ears above his head.

I burst into tears; I was that happy to see him.  

Adam said, "There wasn't really a birthday party.  I went to Logan to get Mark."

We went to church and I was happy to sit between Adam and Mark.  I sang in the choir and ugly cried during He is Risen.  I shouldn't be allowed to do such things.

We had Emma over for dinner and surprised her with Mark too.  We ate ham (except not Emma) and deviled eggs and potatoes and carrots and rolls (except not Mark).  We played games and ate jelly beans.

Adam took a video of Mark eating three super sour jelly beans (we got from Trader Joes) at once.  It was an exciting time.

I was feeling a bit under the weather so Adam took Mark back to Logan. 

I thought a lot about Easter.  (Hence the ugly crying during He is Risen.)  I am thankful for the love Jesus offers me.  I'm grateful that He suffered all the sins and pains and sorrows of the world so He would know how we feel.  I never have to feel truly alone.  He could have stopped the goings on in an instant, but He was willing to die for us.  He rose again on the third day and because of Him, we will be able to be with our loved ones again.  It is all a lot to take in.  

We watched a video as part of our Sunday School lesson and it showed the people chanting "Crucify Him!"

I was struck that He not only suffered for those who strive to follow Him and want to do good.  He also suffered for those who chanted for Him to be crucified.

He loves us all.

3 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

I love this post, Thelma, and I love you.

Marianne said...

What a good husband you have! That's a wonderful surprise!

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm so happy for your Easter surprise, and I love the way you express gratitude for the Savior.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails