Pages

Friday, January 20, 2023

Grateful Friday

Yesterday we had a leadership meeting after school and the team leads had to make a presentation about their grade's progress in front of four grim faced district representatives.

There was a delay getting the third grade slide up.  While Kristie was working on it, she asked, "Do you have any jokes Thelma?"

I said my one joke.  "What did zero say to eight?"

"Nice belt."

Everyone laughed and they weren't even third graders.  So that was something to be grateful about.

I'm grateful that despite the steep uphill climb, my class is making progress.

I'm grateful that although it is hit and miss, behavior is seeming to improve.

I'm grateful I have cracked the code getting ahold of the millennial parents.  They neither answer the phone nor email.  If I text them, I get an immediate response.  Immediate!  Janelle doesn't necessarily want all the parents to have her cell phone number.  I am fine with it because it means I actually can get in touch with parents. Besides, more often than not my phone is on do not disturb--an introvert's dream setting.

I'm grateful for the layers of help that are at our little school.  We need every layer.

I'm grateful that Adam and I have two trips planned.  Trips with Adam are my favorite!

I'm grateful for my friends and my family and modern medicine and cold remedies and ice cubes.  

(Seriously, I don't know how the Europeans are happy without ice cubes!)



4 comments:

Geri said...

I am sorry we will miss you on our trip to California.

Marianne said...

What are the two trips? You better call me.

Janeal said...

Hi Thelma, a suggestion for you. Maybe you and your teacher friend could consider using the "Remind" app to send and receive texts. It has worked well for me and my team this year. It allows you to send and receive texts from parents without giving up your personal cell phone number. You can send group or individual texts.

I love your blog!

Olivia Cobian said...

I always have my cell phone on "do not disturb" as well, and even though I don't think I'm an introvert, I like it that way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails