Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

YEN

Adam and I have joined a new group:  Young Empty Nesters (YEN).  We had our first gathering last night.  I came home with my face hurting from laughing so much.  We had good food that everyone contributed to.  We were assigned seats so we would get to know new people, but we all knew each other anyway.  It was a lot of fun.

We talked about our children a tiny bit.  We talked about food and good restaurants.  We talked about trips.  We talked about the bizarre people you encounter that make life kind of delightful.

Several people said eating pasta in a restaurant wasn't worth it and I said that La Dolce Vita in Provo IS worth it.  I will die on that hill.

The hostess has a little dog and she said it was a good distraction with her newly empty nest.

I have 22 distractions who call me Teacher.

I also technically don't have an empty nest.  I took brownies last night and came home with half a pan.  I tried to give them away but everyone said they were "trying to eat less sugar."  January problems.

Everyone talked about how when you make anything now, you don't know what to do with all the leftovers.  

My trouble is that my little bird in the nest doesn't eat gluten and here I am with these brownies....


3 comments:

Geri said...

My school staffroom was always a good place to bring left over desserts. High stress makes for hungry, hungry nibblers.

Marianne said...

You better just eat them...

Mark Dahl said...

Geri had a good idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails