Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

My boy

Today is Braeden's birthday and I am not over it yet.  I still want to make him a cake and watch him make a wish and blow out the candles.  I want to watch him open gifts and let him pick what is for dinner.

Sigh.

Children grow up and that is all.

I told him on the phone the other day that I was sad not to be making him a cake and he said to make one anyway, because it was the birthday of me being a mom.

Not the same.

Between Christmas and reading the New Testament this year, I've had Mary on my mind.  In Luke 2:51, it says, "but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart."

That is what mothers do.  They keep it all in their heart.

He is grown and flown, but I remember my little birthday boy:


I remember my boy who loves water.




I remember my boy who loves to dress up:






I remember the gift of an older brother he is:




I remember this valiant missionary:


And righteous man:


Devoted grandson:


And loving husband (and father!):


He is sunshine and goodness and I keep him in my heart.  Happy birthday Braeden!





2 comments:

Marianne said...

What a wonderful post! Happy birthday Braeden!!

Mark Dahl said...

I love it, Thelma. Happy Birthday, Braeden!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails