Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Problem solving

Yesterday I called Marianne on my way home from school because I had a quandary.   (I've had a lot of mental strife keeping me up at night, but I had my team help me restructure our schedule at school, and that helped!  As for the not sleeping?  My kids would say I am afraid of success.  Sigh.)

I asked Marianne how she was.  She said, "Perplexed."  Her conundrum had to do with taxes and their business.  I said I knew nothing about that.

I asked her about my conundrum and she said she had no idea.

I said, "OK, here's another question.  Hopefully you'll do better with this one."

It was ideas for Olivia's upcoming birthday.  And Marianne had a good one.

So, she's still my go to.

I had a chiropractor appointment yesterday morning at 6:45.  I did not realize that was even a possibility!  

Also, it was dark and cold and early.  And I have tennis elbow.  

Last night I said to Mark, "Guess what I have and I don't even play tennis?"

He said, "Athlete's foot?"

I said, "No, why would you say athlete's foot?  I have tennis elbow."

He said, "You think I think things before I say them?  I am hearing them the same time as you are."

Mark also told me about some of the irate people who call him at work.  Customer service is not for the faint of heart.  It's like they think if they yell at the guy answering the phone, the university is going to change its policies.

Later in our conversation, I was mentioning something about how Marianne knew how to fix everything for people.  I gave him a few examples of people in Ghana and Kiribati that she has helped.  Mark said, "Maybe I'll start giving her number to people who call in at work."

I think it's a good plan.

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh please no!

Marianne said...

Unless they want to know what to give Olivia for her birthday!

Mark Dahl said...

I love it, Thelma!

Clarissa Johnson said...

I think it's a great plan!

Anonymous said...

Let's have everyone who calls Mark get me a present for my birthday. Marianne is a great one to consult for that!

Anonymous said...

By the way, Anonymous is me, Olivia.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails