Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

Weekend

It's been several weeks since we went out to dinner on Friday, which has been our go to ever since I started teaching full time. Lately, one or both of us is too tired.

So this is to say we are a lot of fun.

Friday, Adam picked up a pizza on his way home and we watched All Creatures Great and Small and he read to me and then I slept for 9 1/2 hours.

Pretty much a perfect Friday evening if you ask me.

Saturday we did all the things + Adam prepared his talk for Sunday when he was speaking in church.  We pulled our bed apart (by we I mean Adam, I'm not much force in heavy lifting) and Adam unplugged my alarm clock to plug in the vacuum to vacuum under the bed.

I asked, "Why didn't you unplug the lamp?"  I am notoriously bad at setting that alarm clock.  I don't know why it is so hard.

He said, "Oh, I should have."  The thoughtless act of a man who doesn't struggle to set the alarm clock.

Saturday evening we picked up Emma and went to the Jazz game.  (Mark had a group of friends over at our house.)

We had a good time at the game, even though we aren't very committed fans.  On the way Emma asked who was playing and I said the Mavericks (because Adam had told me) and she asked where they were from and I said Dallas (because I had asked Adam the same question).  She asked if the Mavericks were any good and I told her I'd tell her in a few hours.

On the way to pick Emma up, I said, "I'm going to tell her she should come and hear her dad speak in church."

Adam said, "She will want to go to her own ward."

I said, "She has 9:00 church."

So I told Emma she should come to our ward.  She said, "Oooh.  Maybe I will.  You have church at noon right?"

So this is to say I know my daughter.

Saturday night, when I was going to sleep, I noticed my clock was still not set properly.  Adam said, "I'll fix it."  I said it was OK, I would just do the math during the night when I wanted to know what time it was.  According to Siri, my clock was about 4 1/2 hours wrong.  When I woke up in the morning, it was 14:00 because it was on the 24 hours setting.

It added a whole new dimension to my math.

I loved having Emma join us for church.  We enjoyed listening to Adam speak.  Emma asked me for a kleenex and I had thought I had some, but I didn't.  We both needed one.  Also, we got a new Relief Society presidency so I was released as counselor.  There are things I will miss about it, but I am not sad about having more time.

We came home and had dinner and played Qwixx which is our new favorite game.  We talked to Braeden's family and just spent a restful day with snow falling outside.

I have traffic duty this week.

So this is to say good things come to an end.


2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

What is Qwixx?

Olivia Cobian said...

You'll have to teach us (just like Mexican Dominoes).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails