Pages

Monday, January 16, 2023

Weekend

I was upstairs folding laundry and Adam was in his office organizing appointments for the stake president. 

That could be the lead up to any event happening late on a Saturday afternoon around here.

This time, the doorbell rang and I yelled down to Adam to ask if he could get it.  Then he sounded really happy and called me down.  It was Adam Jackson!

His family lives in the neighborhood in Washington where we used to live.  He is Braeden's age and spent time at our house.  One time (because I was a rearranger of furniture back then), I asked them to help me move the piano and Adam pushed back, "This is the best place for the piano."  I said grab a corner, we're moving it.

I think I remember that because of all the boys' friends who helped me move furniture, he's the only one who ever had an opinion. (I told Adam that I no longer move furniture because it is sunny here and I am happy about it.)

He was in our seminary carpool and went on many many campouts with my Adam and Braeden.

We love Adam.

And while we've seen his parents when we have been back to visit, I don't think we'd seen him since we moved from Washington.  (He was shocked when he saw Mark since Mark was 11 years old the last time they saw each other.)

We sat him down and had him tell us all about him.  We filled him in about us.  He had talked to Braeden on his birthday and asked Braeden for our address.  He told Braeden he was going to stop by and surprise us.

We had pizza dough rising + a cauliflower crust so I asked him if he wanted to stay for dinner.  He did.  We chatted while I pulled ingredients out and Adam prepared the crust and other Adam asked him if he could throw it in the air and spin it. (No.  The answer was no.)

I snapped a picture to text Braeden and Emma.


Our house was sort of a mess, not really company ready.  A blanket was draped over the banister that wasn't quite dry in the laundering.  There were boxes on the hearth, the dishes were halfway done, the dinner was simple and somehow it didn't matter in the least.

There's something about having your children's childhood friends back.  It just feels like home.

1 comment:

Geri said...

Adam J looks great. What a wonderful family he belongs to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails