Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2023

That didn't go well

Well, the bill passed the senate.

I had an hour and a half IEP meeting that was pure chaos and wasted time.  It could have been accomplished in about 15 minutes.

I got multiple voice mails throughout the day from the endocrinologist's office urging me to schedule an earlier appointment because they had openings.  (I had an appointment scheduled at 4:40.)

They texted through this weird app that was a multi-step process to access.

I wanted to keep my appointment because I had work (why I scheduled the appointment for then in the first place).

They wondered if I wanted a telemedicine appointment.  I said sure.

They never responded and then I realized that I had failed to click the little icon that maybe in some modern art way resembled a paper airplane so my message hadn't been sent.

I drove to the doctor office.  On the way there, I got a message that we could do the telemed appointment right then.  I texted back that I was on my way.

So I got there and sat for 40 minutes waiting for my appointment.

Then I left.

I told the girl at the counter I was leaving.  She said, "Are you sure? I could reschedule you..."

I was sure.  So if I die of some undiagnosed thyroid situation, you can point to this day:  the day I rage quit the endocrinologist.

I came home and told it all to Mark.  He said, "Good thing you're so patient."

I said, "I'm not that patient."

He said, "Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?"

It's not for nothing that A Charlie Brown Christmas is his favorite.



3 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Sorry to hear about your huge hassle and failed appointment!

Marianne said...

I think yesterday was just a tough day all around!

Mark Dahl said...

You do need to find out the results or whatever. Your health is important. Maybe a tele-appointment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails