Pages

Friday, January 13, 2023

Grateful Friday

Tomorrow is a teacher work day.  I have a WHOLE LIST.  One thing on the list was to ask Janelle and Miriam their Swig orders.  I told them I'd bring them drinks.

Can you have a teacher work day without Swig?  I would hate to find out.

I'm grateful for my friends and time to do all the things and Swig.

I'm grateful school went a whole lot better yesterday.  Did it help that a few key students were absent?  Yes.  Yes it did.

I'm grateful Mark is feeling better.

Wednesday night, in desperation, I texted Natalie.  She is the mother of one of my students and has a son with type 1 diabetes and one with celiac.  Like mothers do, we both hate it when our boys are sick.  She gave me some ideas that might help Mark and a medicine to try.  I ordered the medicine.  Throwing money at a problem that I am completely helpless in the face of is a strategy I like to employ....

Last night, Natalie texted to check in on how Mark was doing.  It was such a kind gesture and I'm grateful for all the good people in my life.

I'm grateful it's the weekend.  A long weekend even.  

I'm grateful for sunny days, blue blue skies and bright white mountains full of snow.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails