Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Kindred spirits

Yesterday I took Jamie's gift to school.  It was a set of rainbow gel pens and a bundle of transparent sticky notes.  (When I found out transparent sticky notes were a thing, I thought, Jamie needs those!)

I wrote a note:  In a world of black and blue pens, you are a rainbow gel pen.

Yesterday Jamie came into my room and gave me another gift.  She said, "That other one was just for you.  I'm giving this to all the teachers."

It was a little bag of good chocolates (because Jamie) and a pencil that never needs to be sharpened (because Jamie) and transparent sticky notes!

A gaggle of girls had gathered (school was just starting) and they wondered why Mrs. Riddle was giving me a gift.  "We're friends!" I said.

And I hugged Jamie and said, "Wait until you open my gift and you will see."

Jamie turned to my students and said, "When you get older and have the great privilege to read Anne of Green Gables, you will understand what a kindred spirit is."

“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It’s splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”

        L.M. Montgomery

     

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails