Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Emma Jayne

Last night Adam was out of town and Emma and I were home.  I had texted her earlier and asked if she wanted to have one more session with the sequin ornaments (and then they are dead to me; I can't do any more) and we could either watch a good or a terrible Christmas movie.

She texted back that she was in.

We settled at the kitchen table with my laptop and I said, "OK, do you want to watch a good one or a terrible one?"

She said, "Terrible."

I said, "Oh good, I was hoping you would say that."

I read her several descriptions of Christmas movies on Netflix and we discarded ones that either didn't sound terrible enough or were for kids.  We were there for a predictable romance with cheesy characters and bad acting.

We were not disappointed.

I had a bowl of Raisin Bran for dinner and pinned sequins and emptied the dishwasher and melted my class's ornaments (they weren't great, but at least they worked this time) while we watched.

Sometimes a daughter is really the best thing in the world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails