Pages

Friday, December 8, 2023

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful for this holiday season.  I love Christmas.  

I'm grateful for school:  my class, my friends, my administration, all of it.

I'm grateful for my family.  I love keeping in touch on WhatsApp with my siblings and mom and the occasional niece or nephew and I love our family group text.  It's fun to get random bits of news and humor (and lectures from Mark if no one responds to what he sends fast enough).

I'm grateful for phone calls with QE.  Last night I talked to Braeden with her in the background.  She heard my voice and wanted Bus Bus.  Then Braeden told me about a new game.  You say a line from a book she has and she says the title.

I know, I know, I'm a bit biased.  But that girl is smart.  I played the game with her and it was a delight.  If you pause too long saying another book quote, she says, "Hmmmmm."

I'm going to have to be on my game when she comes!  I will bring some of the books I took to school back home so I can have enough literature for her.

I'm grateful for Adam.  A few nights ago just the two of us ate dinner together.  It felt like a gift.  I'm always grateful for time with him.

I'm grateful we get to take two of our girls (Emma and Clarissa) to a Jazz game.  We are pretty neutral about the Jazz, but the games are fun.

This weekend we will celebrate Mark's birthday.  My gratitude for him extends to gratitude for modern medicine and health insurance that keep that kid alive.

He's still the best Christmas gift I ever got.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

You're such a wonderful aunt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails