Pages

Friday, December 29, 2023

Grateful Friday

 Our fun is drawing to a close.  Braeden and Anna and QE will fly home tonight.  We kept her up strategically for a later nap and all the fingers are crossed that it will keep her happier on the late night flight.

She's such a little champ.  She happily goes along with whatever is happening.  We went on a few errands this morning, returning some Christmas gifts for Braeden and Anna.  We went to IKEA to look at chairs for our cabin and then we had lunch at Slim Chickens.  Adam and Braeden were engrossed in a college football game on the TV by our table and Anna and I were entertained by QE using her chicken as a spoon and slurping up fry sauce.  She is endlessly entertaining.

We had pikkujoulu last night and I think it is the first time I took zero pictures.  We also didn't have our treats.  We were all tired and I think tired of treats.  Treats lose their appeal if you've had them in excess for a month. 

We ate our clam chowder and bread (not bread bowls, but GF bread and sour dough bread) and fruit and cheese and QE loved the clam chowder.  (Anna had cleverly put chunks of bread in it to thicken it up so she could eat it easier--they are such good parents!)

Adam did his scripture reading and Braeden did a reading and Mark read what Adam had written on Christmas Eve so Braeden and Anna could hear it. 

It was low key and none of us were sad about that.

We went to the basement and started on the huge lego set Adam bought.  I didn't want to buy it and zero people were on my side.  I said that we have a finite amount of space for huge lego sets and zero people were on my side.

I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the areas where I do have say so.

I'm grateful for this time we've had being together.  I am over the moon about being a grandma.  When she says "Nana!" and runs to me with outstretched arms I feel like it's Christmas morning and my birthday and I won the lottery all at once (I'm guessing, having never won the lottery).  I love to read to her and laugh with her and answer her questions and see her process new information.  I love when she says,"Nana read" and backs up to me, ready for me to scoop her and the book onto my lap.  I love when she says, "Nana play!" and "Sit down, Nana!"  Yes.  And always.

She also loves Uncle Mark and Auntie Emma and Grandpa Papa which is my favorite name for Adam ever.  

He's a good Grandpa Papa and I'm so grateful to be doing this life together.

2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

Love this post, Thelma. I'm sure you are missing little QE and her parents.

Olivia Cobian said...

What a delightful time for your fam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails