Pages

Friday, June 14, 2024

Grateful Friday

 On balance, things are going pretty well.  There are a few dim lights.  My WGU course is trying to kill me, or I'm trying to kill me by trying to do it so fast.  There are health concerns in our family that are...concerning.  Tabor added himself to the list by having a wreck with a cow yesterday.  It's been hot and there is a spot where the grass is not living its best life.  Mark found out he didn't get the job.

On the upside, Adam came home yesterday.  We invited Mark to dinner last night before we knew about the job thing and it felt like a really good time to have dinner with him.  We could advise him and try to buoy him.  I was grateful the idea to ask him had popped into my head.  

I'm grateful for our kids.  They are an ongoing source of joy in my life.  Sometimes our family chat is hands down worth the price of admission for me.

This happened yesterday:







Whatever else is happening in the world, there is always some joy to be found.  And Adam and I sat on the deck a little last night.  Sometimes that's the only dopamine hit you need.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love that Braeden loves all the places he's lived. If he lived in any state he'd probably love it too!

Olivia Cobian said...

Has Braeden been to Idaho? I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails