Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Yooootah

 I have that hit by a truck feeling of driving all day.  Here's hoping I rally and get something done.

We stopped by and said good-bye on our way out of town.  As they did every morning, Braeden was outside waiting for us with QE.  She would hold her arms out to us and I don't know who was happier to see who.

I read her a few stories and we chatted a little, then it was time to go.  QE wanted to get in Papa's car.  She wanted to go to Nana and Papa's hotel.  When she realized we were leaving, she cried mournfully, "I want to go to Yooootah!"

When we drove away, she was wagging her finger no no no and crying.

It about killed me.

Besides that, we had a nice trip home.  I drove from Reno to Winnemucca and Adam drove the rest.  We listened to podcasts and music and talked.

We like being together.

The sky is gloomy here today, which feels about right.  I need to do all the housekeeping things that need doing after being gone a week.

I need to rejoin the ranks of the teachers working on masters degrees.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails