Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

All is Calm; All is Bright



It snowed here last night. My kids were thrilled...who am I kidding, we all were. Nothing goes with Christmas lights and hot chocolate like snow (and Adam made me a gorgeous little cup of hot chocolate last night complete with candy cane...and Mark and I went to Starbucks yesterday to get some Peppermint Hot Chocolate so I think we about had that angle covered).

My kids were hoping we would stay home from church and let them sled (like the rest of the neighborhood kids were doing...right across the street from us). No such luck for the little Davis children.

Usually the snowflakes here are fat and sloppy and melt on impact but baby it's cold outside and the snow will still be here tomorrow (and Braeden already asked if they could have a snow day...how could a home schooled kid possibly need a snow day? We couldn't make it through the drifts to the school room?)

When Adam was in Finland--a climate perfect for his big bear personality, he learned to make snowball luminaries. They are beautiful and rarely work here. Adam gave it a try tonight.

Braeden helped him and it's a good thing my mom doesn't read this blog because I would quickly fall from being her favorite child (Sorry Enoch, you thought it was you all these years. You thought wrong.) when she saw my firstborn in sandals and shorts in the snow.

Here's the end result. What can I say? The man has talent.

4 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I was going to say: Shorts? Sandals? Huh?

Hannah Stevenson said...

That is such a cool idea! And at least Braeden isn't wearing white socks with his sandals...that would just be wrong.

Susie said...

It was a shocker to wake up to. My kids thought the same thing yours did. But off to church we went even though we came slipping and sliding. You have such cute postings. Thanks for sharing

Coralee Dahl said...

Who says I don't read your blog? Get some shoes on that boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails