Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Girl Boots


Today when Adam and I were going to lunch at Lanna Thai (not a bad day altogether), I noticed the lovely BOGO sign at Payless Shoes. That meant one thing and one thing only...time to get the boots for the kids (and there BETTER be snow in Nevada when we're there, big drifts of it...just not on the road, OK?).

Tonight after dinner I took Emma and Mark and we went on a shopping trip.

First we went to Payless and got the boots. Emma and I both fell in Shoe Love with these boots and the cunning little bow on the side. Emma said, "I've never had girl boots." (the plight of the solitary girl in the brother sandwich) I told her I remembered a bright pink pair when she was very little. She said she didn't remember ever having girl boots.

I said it was high time she had some.

We went to Fred Meyer next because the $10 my grandma had sent Mark for his birthday was absolutely wanting to be spent. Mark was dissatisfied with the Lego choices. Emma sniffed imperiously and said she never had liked the toys at Fred Meyer.

I told Mark we'd try Toys R Us next. Emma thought that was a brilliant idea because "all they have is kids' stuff." Granted I do get lost regularly but Mark really didn't have much confidence in me finding my way to Toys R Us. He kept saying, "I'll keep a lookout for it Mom." When we pulled into the parking lot he was thrilled, "I found it! I found it!" Climbing out of the van he said, "It is a good thing I have such good eyesight." As we walked across the parking lot he called toward the direction of the store, "Never fear Legos, we are ON OUR WAY!"

A few people stopped to look.

We found the Legos and while (alas) they did not have the exact set he was looking for, he made do with a helicopter he's itching to build. I said, "So is that the one you want? Are you ready to go."

Mark said, "Let's do this thing!"

So we did.

I usually do my errands (gratefully, happily, alone) when my kids are swimming on Thursdays. It was kind of fun though. I guess when conditions are right even taking two kids to three stores is not half bad.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I had lunch today with my hubby too. BTW, I was at the ward party tonight, and I saw this beautiful sweet girl sitting at her table with a huge smile on her face, and her nose in a book. I couldn't help but think of your little Emma. I thought how fun it would be to be in a crazy hectic Church Christmas party with kids screaming and food cooking, and yet somehow in a whole other world just by turning pages. I could tell she was loving the book. Maybe like I was in my world with Edward and Bella while moving over seas and going through airport terminals... Tim loved that.

(hopefully at this point you know me well enough to catch my sarcasism).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails