Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Bears part 3

In 1997, we lived in Connecticut where Adam was attending graduate school and I was tending to Braeden. One of our favorite places to take a day trip to was Mystic, CT. It is a quintessential little New England town on the Long Island Sound.



The quaint little shops we’d walk through didn’t mind that we had absolutely no money (except for the cost of one small bear it turns out) to spend on our student loan existence. We went there the day after Thanksgiving and watched Santa come into town on a tugboat.



If you’re ever in New England Thanksgiving weekend, go to Mystic. When we got home, Adam slipped “Mystic” into Braeden’s crib before he woke up from his nap.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh do keep 'em comin'! I am starting to get misty eye, and these aren't even my own family memories! Love these.

Wouldn't it be cool if everyone posted their family traditions, I could read yours all day.

PS. I like you too (tee hee hee).

Oh, and did you send me your address for Christmas cards yet?
srcalton@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails