Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Attention Span...not so good

How many more Christmas bears are there anyway??? (If I'm losing interest, I'm sure you are too.)

I'm going to finish up today...with three and then of course there will be the grand finale when we get this year's installment. There's already a bit of buzz about that arrival. I'll keep you posted.

In 2005, my main memory of Christmas is being grateful Adam was still alive. After Thanksgiving he had a terrible bout of cellulitis caused by a strep infection. As my brother Tabor would say, it's a long story and not a very good one. It happened when we were in Nevada celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. Adam ended up with two emergency room visits then a 5 day stay in the hospital. Marianne who watched our kids while I sat in Adam's hospital room and watched him suffer, ended up with a broken window when Mark flung a toy at it. My long-suffering brother-in-law Robert ended up changing my flat tire I got one night on the way home from the hospital.

Good times.

Our Christmas bear was Stewart:



So named because Adam put him in a pot with a lid and set him on the table and told the kids to come and eat, we were having stew. When they opened the lid for the big reveal, there sat the cuddly little guy.

Adam...even returning from the jaws of death he's a clever bear.

Thanksgiving
2006 was more fun. We went to Disneyland. Our Thanksgiving dinner was eaten at Jack in the Box. Selected for the pumpkin pie shakes. Our bear was Shasta:

He was named for Mt. Shasta which we passed and admired on the the trip to California. He has got to be the best bear to hug in the world. Seriously, come over...I'll let you hug him.

Last year we had no big trip or illness. We did however have one of those dramatic December rain and wind storms that happen around here. During such a storm there was an umbrella set up in the middle of the room...my big yellow and blue IKEA umbrella I adore so (they're big enough to cover me and a kid or two and cheap enough to easily replace when a kid or two mistreat them).

Under the umbrella sat flood ready Noah, sans ark but dressed for Northwest winter weather:

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wish I could come and hug him. I can't wait for this years installment. Okay, and I've got one request for you Thelma,

Will you take a picture of all your bears together. Where to you display them? Oh I bet it's so cute to have so many bears in one room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails