Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Out of Whack

Things are crazy around here. Nothing is as it should be. It is cold--really cold. Not like normal. And dry. My lips are chapped, my hands are dry. My hair is less curly and more straight.

And then there are the sweaters...I laid some sweaters out to dry yesterday and they were dry today! Are you kidding me?

Then there's the sunshine. Winters are supposed to be dark and depressing aren't they? I've been loving the sunshine and walking around humming with a spring in my step.

The universe decided to right itself though.

And I got sufficiently depressed again.

In an effort to stave off the cold air pouring in through our gas fireplace, I rolled up a blanket and nestled it up against the bottom. Then I just can't leave well enough alone.

I draped a blanket from the mantel, held up by the stocking holders.

Before:


After:



Adam heard my shrieks and the clatter of heavy stocking holders hitting tile. He came and lent his comfort and support and took the gas fireplace apart and made it less drafty.

It made me think too things:

1. I should have asked Adam in the first place.

2. I need to write my brother Ammon a letter.



Here I go:

Dear Ammon,

Remember how I want you to come and tile my bathroom? How do you feel about re-tiling a fireplace?




Just wondering.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh sweet Thelma. Oh that sick to your stomach feeling! YUCK! I hate the feeling of something breaking. And you can't even blame it one the kids. Poor you! Dear Ammon...

Susie and Jay Larson said...

I love your blog! I especially liked reading the velvetine Saturn story. It is so dry right now hu? I could feel it but it took you writing it to bring it out of my subconscious. Crazy. Thanks for letting me be your blogging buddy. -Susie

Susie and Jay Larson said...

my link brought you to my test blog which was weird so here is my real blog address

susanjaylarson.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails