Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Bears part 4


In 1998, we spent Christmas in Connecticut. One of the most memorable things about that Christmas was our enormous Christmas tree. We walked down the street to the Yale Department of Forestry where the kids were selling trees. We saw a pretty one, laying on its side--branches all nicely flat and bought it on the spot. One of the forestry students good-naturedly followed us up Prospect Street to our student housing holding half of the tree while Adam held the other half and I pushed Braeden's stroller.

Once the tree was upright, the magnitude of the thing started occurring to us. And it kept getting bigger as the branches settled downward and outward. Luckily we had a good sized apartment and little furniture.

We had to go buy more lights and ornaments to supplement our mega tree.

Also that year Adam was so deeply involved in his finals that we went to the mall on Christmas Eve to pick up the suit he was getting as a present. Hopefully I will never spend Christmas Eve in a mall again because that was depressing. Adam bought a bear at the mall that was dressed like Santa. Almost two-year-old Braeden called Santa, “Ho” and he called bears “Bee”. Which is how Hobee got his name.

Since it was the Stone Age and we didn't have a digital camera, I don't have digital pictures from then. Because we are still apparently in the Bronze Age and don't have a scanner, I took a picture of this picture of Braeden and Hobee on the way home from the mall that Christmas Eve. I just couldn't resist.



Hobee is still Braeden's favorite bear. And Braeden's still one of my favorite bears.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

This Bear thing is great!

Suzanne said...

HObee... I was worried all up until the part where Adam added the bee to the name. LOL

Yes, I'm bronze age too ('least my brain is, anyway). We have a scanner, but I still take picures of pictures instead.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails