Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Compatability

It turns out a really great way to get attention from your mother (and a lot of ice cream) is to refuse to eat.  Since Mark's had his teeth wrenched "wiggled" out, he has been on a hunger strike.  He'll eat ice cream or ice cream.  Chocolate is preferable.

The kid wouldn't even eat french fries.  Show me an American child that won't eat french fries and I'll show you a worried mother.

I've been devising menus he'll eat.  They've been heavy on smoothies and scrambled eggs.  If anyone loves cheese, it's Mark.  I scattered some grated cheddar on top of the eggs (extra protein!) one day.

Yesterday we were having scrambled eggs for lunch (again).  Mark said, "I don't want cheese on the eggs though."

Then he started a soliloquy as he's wont to do.  He told me all about the virtue of eggs and how wonderful cheese is but when the two are together it is not a good combination.

I was nodding absently and stirring eggs.

He said, "It's like primary (his church class)."

"What do you mean?"

He said, "Brother Larson (his teacher) said that by myself I am great and Finn is also great by himself but when we are together it is not good."

I can only imagine.  It actually makes me feel a little shaky.

I said, "Mark, you need to be good at church.  You need to sit by someone else if you and Finn have a hard time behaving."

He assured me, "Oh, I am doing much better, Mom." Yeah, right.  Of course he is. 




My angel.

If scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese are not a good pairing in Mark's book, him being matched with his extremely patient and long suffering primary teacher certainly is.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I like this post a lot

Olivia Cobian said...

I like you a lot. And the post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails