Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How To Make Pumpkin Muffins




Among her many and varied good qualities, Jill brings me muffins every now and then.  Really good muffins.

A while ago she brought me two muffins, one for Mark and one for me.

I ate Mark's.  (What?  He said I could.)

They were amazing.  I told Jill and she told me the recipe and now I'll tell you.



1 spice cake mix

15 oz can pumpkin puree

2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice



Mix together and place in muffin tins.  Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I think spice cake mix and pumpkin puree are a match made in heaven.  I have written about these cookies made out of the same lovely combination.

Now I'm wondering if I should make the muffins with chocolate chips.

I wonder if I should skip the brown sugar and frost them with cream cheese frosting elevating them past that thin, thin line that separates muffins from cupcakes.

I wonder if I should buy more spice cake mixes and pumpkin puree.

(I know this post would have been better with a picture or two...we ate the muffins before I thought about it.)

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a great idea! And so easy. I can't wait to try them. I love yummy, and I love easy. =)

Christie said...

YUM. YUM. YUM.

Definitely a yes on the chocolate chips. And maybe the frosting, too. I like to cross that very thin line from muffin to cupcake quite often. :-0

Olivia Cobian said...

I vote yes on the chocolate and the cream cheese frosting. Few things are better.

Cares and Mimi said...

I say you must stock up on spice cake mix! And chocolate chips are good on everything :) - Cares

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails