Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How To Make Dinner for Wednesday Night

...or whatever night happens to be your awful night where you have to be 35 places at once and your family still expects dinner.

After you've exhausted the drive-thru option one too many times.

After you've made this more often than you care to remember:

Here's something to try:

In your crockpot place 4 chicken breasts  (it's OK if they're frozen), 2 or 3 cans of beans (any combination of refried beans or drained black beans or whatever), a jar of salsa, and a couple of cups of chicken broth.

I don't think I've ever made it the same way twice and it always works.

I let it cook on low for about 6 hours...or whatever (are you getting that this isn't really one of those carefully tested recipes?).

Break up the chicken breasts with a spoon or take them out and slice them (I've done both, the second option is quicker but as you can imagine, messy).

It will be a thick soup consistency.  Serve over tortilla chips and you can top it with grated cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes, guacamole, etc.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Yummy! Quick and easy is right up my alley and sound yummy. Thanks!

Stuart♥Maren said...

Sounds really good... and I need easy! Thank you so much!

Karey said...

This sounds good. And I have everything right now. I think I just decided what's for dinner. Thank you.

Suzanne said...

Mmmm, that sounds so yummy! We'll be trying this one! Thanks for sharing.

Christie said...

Seriously, you just saved my life. This is going in my crockpot right now. Yay!

Cares and Mimi said...

I love quick, easy and yum! Thanks! - Cares

jessica said...

YUMMO! I'm totally making this on my next "Mad Monday".

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails