Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Your Mom Goes To College

Usually I fly to Women's Conference but this year we drove and then my family helped me check into my dorm room and left me at BYU.

The chipper girl that checked me into the dorm asked me if I wanted a map.  I declined.  Later I told Adam, "I lived here before she was born, I don't need a map."

Then I stopped and thought about it.  It was probably true!  I very well could have lived there before she was born.

And that hurt my feelings a little.  Maybe I should have pretended I needed a map.

We said our fond farewells:

  He's really good at being an oldest child...is he telling me to behave?

Does she look a little too happy about seeing me go?  Does Mark seem completely disinterested?

Adam was so proud of me...all grown up and on my own.

The dorm where we stayed is the one Adam lived in...I used to visit him there.

In my absence, they did some serious relaxing:




...and swimming...




(I can't swim but I gave birth to fish it seems.)

They also did some sightseeing at Temple Square in Salt Lake City.


poor Mark...what is that strange bright light in the sky?


Adam and I have a wedding picture of us kissing by this tree...




Beautiful, beautiful.

They were taking all that in and meanwhile I was eating my weight in mint brownies and delighting in time well spent with my kinswomen.

We met up again in Nevada.  My dad told me my grandpa Dahl used to say that people would go there thinking the weather would be different than it is.




It is high in the mountains there and springs are fickle and long awaited.

And I love it like you wouldn't believe.

3 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Gorgeous pictures! That's some camera you have--some photographer--some good-looking people!

Coralee Dahl said...

I loved this post Thelma. It was so great having you all--but way too short.

Camille said...

Hey, you were in my town! Also, is that Hinckley Hall in the picture? I lived there once...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails