Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Discoveries

Mark has discovered a new independence.  We were running errands and I insisted he hold my hand in the parking lot.  He refused.  He told me he has "reached the age of accountability and deserves some privileges."

I said, "Isn't holding my hand a privilege?"

He didn't answer me. (He does that a lot.)



On Saturday Emma discovered the joys of straightening hair...everyone's hair.

She straightened Mark's hair.

Then she put him in a dress and put mascara on him.

I don't know why she would do such a thing to my baby boy, but I do know this:  Mark would not make a very pretty girl.

this picture really frightens me



Braeden has discovered that he's taller than me.

I knew it was coming.  I knew it was close.  Now I know it's bona fide.


Here's Braeden on his 13th birthday (less than 18 months ago).


I'd like to take at least a little bit of credit for the growth spurt.  I mean, I am the one who makes all the Costco trips that fuel the boy.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Look at the dimple on Mark! I think he's darling in any outfit or hairstyle.

Susie said...

That is too funny of Mark, he was brave to let Emma dress him up. This picture could be used for something good later in his life.

Wow! Hard to believe Braeden is taller then you, but your still tougher right!

Olivia Cobian said...

Both pictures of you and Braeden are lovely--I especially like your coordinating shirts in the one where he's taller than you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails