Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Fear is no match for faith

 A few members in our ward (that I know about--there could be more) have Covid.  There are several teachers at school that are quarantined.

It leaves me feeling anxious and like I'm a time bomb just waiting to get sick.  I'm not even as worried about getting actually sick as I'm worried about being really inconvenienced which makes me kind of a weirdo.

(I just can't imagine having to create two weeks of sub plans, from home.  Nightmare.)

Also, I feel like my class really really needs me which is also kind of a weirdo thing to think.  It's not like I'm a superhero.  Teaching them rounding isn't going all that well for all of them.  Maybe a sub could do better.

Still.

Anxiety swirls, because I also don't want my family to get sick.

This morning I was reading in 3 Nephi chapter 4.  I read this in verse 10:

the Nephites did not fear them; but they did fear their God and did supplicate him for protection; therefore, when the armies of Giddianhi did rush upon them they were prepared to meet them; yea, in the strength of the Lord they did receive them.

I'm a Nephite and the coronavirus is a Gadianton robber.  Am I going to fear the virus or trust God?

It reminded me of something I learned in a podcast by Emily P. Freeman that I think about all the time.

I don't live in the kingdom of Thelma.  I live in the Kingdom of God.  And the Kingdom is not in trouble and neither am I.

3 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

That is such a good message, Thelma. Thank you for inspiring us all. Your mom.

Olivia Cobian said...

I love this! I just read and marked that verse this morning!

Olivia Cobian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails