Pages

Monday, September 21, 2020

Pandemic Sundays

I was doing family history and having a frustrating time accessing a website that I formerly could access. I did a little digging and figured it out.  I was complaining to Adam about what a pain it was.  He was just giving me a bemused look.

I said, "I had to click like ten buttons!"

He pantomimed clicking buttons and sang, "You don't have to push a handcart..."

I got back to work and he went to his many hours of interviews and meetings.

There's only so much research you can do on John and Elizabeth Smith and their son James Smith though.  Do you know how many John and Elizabeth Smiths there were in England in the 1800s that all had a son named James?

When my eyes started to burn, I decided to paint my nails.  Surveying my bottles of polish, I decided it was time to get to the bottom of the important question of which nude polish of the four slightly different ones that I have is superior.

I asked Mark (he was the only one here).  There could not be a human in the world who cared less about which nude nail polish shade was best.  Also, he's color blind so I don't trust him anyway.

He looked at the nail polish but said, "I'm hungry."

So I made apple coffee cake using some of the apples from our tree that I totally neglect except once in the late summer when I pick every apple on it to exert my dominance over the squirrels.

We had our home church service when Adam got home.  It was a Sunday with no church meetings for us and we weren't having the BYU kids over.  We talked to Braeden on the phone.

We took a walk.

While we were walking, Adam mentioned how people talk about things "getting back to normal" and he thought it was all a matter of perspective and maybe we should have some of the things like more family time be the new normal.

We walked past some posh houses and then a super fancy park.  I said something about it and Mark said that he could never tell if I was a conservative suburban housewife or someone that would pull the trigger on a gun held to the bourgeoisie.

I told him I like to keep him guessing.

I made spinach egg casserole for dinner which is Mark's favorite food and I never take the time or have the energy to make during the week.

I'd be OK if this was the new normal.





3 comments:

Olivia said...

I didn't even know nude nail polish was a thing. I'm pretty impressed that you have 4 varieties of it!

Marianne said...

I want your spinach egg casserole recipe. I'm sure I'm not the only reader who feels this way. Maybe post it on your blog?

Mark Dahl said...

I would like that recipe also. I thought the same thing before I even saw Marianne's comment. Your mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails