Pages

Monday, September 28, 2020

Weekend report

Friday we went to 5 Star for dinner and while Adam and Mark were in line to order, I was saving a table outside.  This happened and I had to text Emma about it because she would understand:

Then the line was too long so we abandoned that idea and I left the chatty Cathys behind.

That night Adam and I went to Costco.  We put a few things in our cart that are Christmas presents.  Maybe it was the display of Christmas trees that gave the strong suggestion.

Saturday morning I started my Christmas list spreadsheet.  This year it has separate pages.  It's fancy.  It's like the trifecta of my favorite things:  lists, gifts and Christmas.

I pruned a thorny tree in our yard and have three bandaids on my fingers. (I didn't realize it was so thorny.)  I also love pruning and I told Adam I want an electric hedge trimmer for my birthday.  I like to keep him in gift ideas. 

I caught up on email and felt understood.  This was at the bottom of a wordy email I'd skimmed:


Thank you, thank you, my heart sings.

We went to the afternoon matinee at the Hale Theater.  Mark was working and I loved watching him problem solve and stride around helping people.  The play was a brand new original musical called Blink and it was about a dad and his daughter and how she grew up in a blink of an eye.  It destroyed me.

Mark laughed at my tear stained face mask afterward.  But he also hugged me.  Nothing like having your mask showcase what a ninny you are.



Story of my life.

Adam and I went to the grocery store.  I heard the siren song of cinnamon pine cones and bought a bag.  I can't resist.

Then, we came home to move furniture!  Mark was still working which was unfortunate.  What's the point of strong children when they aren't home?

We bought a new mattress, a memory foam situation in a box that weighed 103 pounds (I checked).  We wanted to put it in our bedroom and put our still good mattress from our bedroom in the basement guest room and get the worn out guest room mattress out.  

I grew up with my dad having draft horses.  Adam reminds me of a draft horse.  He is built like one and he is strong and gentle like one.  My dad's horse Billy used to pull entire trees out of the bottoms near Boulder Creek.

This picture was taken in 1979.  My dad with Betty and Billy (Betty was Billy's sister) in a pulling contest at the Elko County Fair.


Adam is basically Billy.

I'm more like this:


He lugged the unwieldy box up to our room by himself.  

Then, we had to get the king mattress from our room down two flights of stairs to the basement.  Why didn't we just put the new mattress in the basement?  I don't know.  We're not that smart.

We got it into the upstairs hall with the intention of me lowering it over the edge of the railing to Adam.  Except I couldn't even budge it.  Adam said, "Squat down and lift it."

Nope.  That thing was heavy.

He came back upstairs and lifted it up and it was balancing there on the railing and he had me stand in the middle of the mattress and I leaned over it, trying to hang on while laughing like a crazy person because it was an insane situation.  Adam hurried down because I couldn't hold much longer and he said, "OK, let go."

Adam didn't so much catch it as deflect it from hitting the wall with all the clocks.

One floor down, one to go.

We smooshed and pushed and pulled it down the stairs and then finally got it to the guest room.  I say we but it was mostly Adam, the draft horse.

Sunday was a headache day, so not much to report there.  We had actual church and dropped off pears for our Provo kids and watched a broadcast of a stake devotional for high school seniors.  It was really good and I think I may type up a story from it here sometime because I want to remember it.

We slept in the basement Saturday night, giving our new mattress time decompress from its box.  Last night we realized, much like Goldilocks when she tried mama bear's bed, that the new mattress is too soft. I think we're going to try to return it.  Meanwhile, we'll be sleeping in the basement.

The mattress saga continues....



1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Good luck with the mattress saga! Also, I look forward to hearing the story you want to remember. Hurry and post it before you forget it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails