Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Time

Recently a friend sent me a request to join a Facebook group that is all about outrage.

I don't have time for outrage.

I don't have time for activism.

I have third graders who read at a kindergartner's level.  I have walks to take with Adam.  I have a son who is a senior and will be leaving the nest all too soon.  I have adult children I want to text with and occasionally, if our schedules collide, talk on the phone with.  I have to start the dishwasher every once in a while.  I have mums to water. I have laundry (masks, so many masks.)  Yesterday one of my students said, "You have a lot of masks."

I said, "Well, I wear a clean one every day."  I try to hint at that frequently but not enough to make them feel bad.  It's really not up to third graders to do laundry.  But their masks are sort of gross.  Especially the ones who suck on them.

I don't want to talk about it.

I have books to read and I also don't have time for them.  If I suddenly get time, I'll choose reading the books over the outrage.


2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

Good choice, Thelma. Books over outrage. Your mom

Olivia said...

...although a facebook page devoted to outrage does sound like something that would make your day! Don't we all need a little more outrage?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails