Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Spinach Egg Casserole

This recipe is nothing special and just seems like something you'd make on a Tuesday when you didn't have any better ideas but it is Mark's favorite thing I make.

I originally got the recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that I've had so long it has Thelma Dahl written on the inside cover.

This is with some slight tweaking of the original (plus I always double it so this is the doubled version).

4 T butter

1/4 c flour

2 c milk

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

20 ounces fresh spinach, steamed and with the liquid squeezed out.  Also, chop the spinach a little.

1 c + chopped ham

8 hard cooked eggs, chopped

Make a white sauce (melt butter, mix in flour, add milk and mix until slightly thickened--I usually don't wait for it to get thick because it doesn't matter anyway + I am impatient).  Add the cheese and ham and eggs and spinach.  Pour into a casserole dish and bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes or so.  I serve it over toasted wheat bread.


This isn't a recipe blog by any stretch but here it is by popular demand.  When I say by popular demand, I mean my mom and Marianne.  I have been listening to + doing what they say with those two my whole life and they haven't steered me wrong yet.

3 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I didn't ask for the recipe, but I'm glad you posted it. This sounds great!

Mark Dahl said...

Thank you, Thelma. I will try it.

Marianne said...

Thanks, love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails