Pages

Friday, September 25, 2020

Grateful Friday

Yesterday we chided one of my friends for staying at the school too late each day and she said that tensions were so high with her roommates right now, she would just as soon stay at the school.  

Tensions are high with them mostly because of the virus and politics.

We talked about how fear often manifests itself as anger.

She said, "They used to be friends.  I wish they'd remember that and not let all of this ruin their relationship."

Sigh.

This virus....

I'm ready to be done and we had record high numbers (again) in Utah yesterday.

On the other hand, there are some really wonderful things that are happening because of the virus.  For example, this week Blender Bottle donated a water bottle to each student at our school.  We can't use the drinking fountains at the school this year and not all the students have their own bottles.  (I've been passing out disposable Kirkland Signature bottles.)  

I wrote their names in Sharpie on the lids of the new bottles and they were ready in the morning like it was Christmas.  


And the students acted like it was Christmas morning.  There were squeals and exclamations and students clutching the water bottles to their chests.  For us?!?  They are ours?  We get to keep them?  These are not necessarily children who are just given a lot of extras in life.

They quickly showed me all the fine features of the bottle and the first day we had the constant pop pop pop of the lids because they were so hyped about flipping the lids open.

Someone spilled all 24 ounces from their bottle on my desk.

I'm still grateful. 

I think it's wonderful that there are people in the world that decided that with all of the hassles elementary students are enduring with their masks and social distancing, they would generously gift them with really nice water bottles.

The virus is here.

I guess we can ruin relationships over it or be extra kind over it.

I'm grateful Blender Bottle chose the latter.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails