Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Ten things I'm loving

1. The change in the weather.  Some of my students shivered in their shorts and t-shirts but I wouldn't let them stay in for recess.  Dress warmer kids.  This 50 degree day is just the beginning.

2. Walking with Adam.  Last night we walked around the temple.  I miss being able to go inside.




3. Shifts.  Roles shift, family dynamics shift.  It works.  I've realized that Adam is way more of a softy with Mark than I am lately and I think it's because he's mostly home with him more than I am.  I have loved being the one who is mostly home with our children but now that I'm not, I'm so glad that Adam is.

4. Mask solutions that make them less awful.  I hate wearing a mask every day but I have decided Cotopaxi and Old Navy are my favorite masks.  They're the most comfortable. Also, I like using a chain (that was intended for glasses) on my mask.  I can whip it off when no one else is in my classroom and I don't have to remember where I put it.

5. Maple Oreos.  They aren't as good as the maple cookies we love from Safeway but they are almost as good and that has made us happy.  (Emma has tried the carrot cake Oreos.  She said they taste like Christmas.  I don't know.  That seems kind of gross to me in an Oreo.)

6. My team at school.  We help each other and support each other and remind each other about what we're forgetting.  If I'm going to share a brain with two other people, I'm glad it's them.

7. Also, my neighbor at school.  We have these weird non walls because when the school was built it was open concept, which makes no good sense.  Nicole is a 4th grade teacher and her desk is feet away from my desk on the other side of a metal non wall.  We hear each other all day long.  Sometimes we walk into each others' classrooms at the end of the day and say things like, "Hey, I heard you talk to your online students about math, what did you use to teach them?"  Also, she's a whiz at Skyward so I ask her lots of questions.

8. Mark's friends encamp at our house and I'm so glad.  A few of them come over several times a week.  They stay in the basement mostly but sometimes emerge for snacks or drinks.  They are polite and good kids but even if they weren't, that's the beauty of having a basement.

9. Mums.  We have three pots next to our garage doors and they cheer me up every time I come or go.

10. Being a teacher.  Oh, I've mentioned that?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails