Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Holiday

 We went to my classroom and did a few things.  Then Mark peeled off from the group to go have lunch with his friends.  Adam and I shared a pizza and a salad at MOD and went to Home Depot in search of storage containers for his office closet.  

We didn't find what we were looking for so we decided to go to IKEA for something I wanted for my classroom.  

I knew that Adam wanted this certain brand of containers though and I knew that was the only kind he wanted.  I also knew they were at the Container Store.  I said, "Let's go there."

The freeway was wide open, the sun was shining, it would only take a few minutes.

(Narrator:  it would take more than a few minutes.)

There was a huge accident on the freeway.  As in six lanes went down to one and about ten emergency vehicles passed us to get there.  We listened to a podcast and kept turning it off to talk to each other and then turning it back on.  

We finally made it to the store and Adam got what he wanted.  While he knows what he wants (down to the brand and size of storage bin), I'm always more of an I can make that work sort of person.  So I found some containers that would work for my classroom too.

We went home and both puttered half heartedly in our offices for awhile then he made a very early dinner so we could eat before Mark went to work.  

That left us with the whole long evening stretched before us.  We considered going to a movie but home felt nice too. 

We watched a PBS show we never seem to have time to watch.  We did a NYTimes crossword together.

Olivia and Edgar stopped by and I gave Olivia a piece of Braeden's cake.  Chocolate with mint frosting.  It's what they both want for their birthdays and since their birthdays are days apart, this is the second time I've been able to give Olivia a piece of multipurpose birthday cake.

Then we decided to watch Brooklyn Nine Nine.  How did we have so much time?  We never have this much time.  We were going to call it quits but then the next episode had Doug Judy in it so we had to watch.

After, Adam said, "We're going to need to get some hobbies."

A night of TV had felt decadent and luxurious.  And maybe someday we will need to get some hobbies but today I have work and so does he.  We'll have a later dinner because of it and then Adam has church meetings and I'll fold laundry while he's gone.   Someday we may need to think of more to do but for now, we can just remember that one rare night when it was just us watching TV without a care.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Thanks for letting us be part of your empty-nester day. The cake was delicious! Expect us next January...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails