Pages

Monday, January 25, 2021

Weekend

It was a weekend of it's-about-time snow.  It looked pretty and I was grateful for it.

It was a weekend of me feeling sort of blah.  I had the vaccination which was nothing except a sore arm until I felt sort of lousy.  That was compounded by me having a flare up of my eye infection because for reasons beyond my understanding I forgot to take my medicine several days last week.   

I don't know.

It was a weekend of stake conference.  I loved watching it from home in my comfortable chair.  I see no reason why we can't do that forever going forward.  

It was a weekend of Mark reading.  He stays up until the wee hours because he says his mom didn't raise a quitter.

I (finally) raised a reader.

It was a weekend of just Emma for Sunday dinner.  We talked and laughed and played the bean game the Jorgensens gave us for Christmas.  I can't remember the real name of it.  

Since she had a flat tire, Adam and Mark changed it for her.  I told her I wanted her to remember if she ever felt slighted as a girl that her dad and brother were changing her tire for her in the cold.  

She said, "I know."

(Because I think chivalry should be appreciated and acknowledged.)

Adam had to go to an ordination and Mark was reading so she and I perused Netflix and had more fun reading the descriptions than actually watching anything.

Have a daughter who cracks wise with you over Netflix descriptions.  That's the secret to happiness.  (Also stake conference from a comfortable chair.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails