Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Weary

What a day yesterday was.

For as long as I can remember I have heard about calamities in the last days.  I'm guessing rioters storming the Capitol qualifies. The expected peaceful transfer of power isn't the given it's been my whole life.

Also, another family member tested positive for Covid.  So everyone (except me--I'm still in my window of immunity) has to quarantine and be tested.  I'm tired of it.  I know, I know.  Everyone is.

All is not terrible though.  For example, Emma is in process of getting a short album (she called it an EP) on Spotify and Apple music.  She even designed cover art.  As long as Emma is creating, I know there will be beauty in the world.

I'm also so grateful for the police and the defenders.  I'm grateful for the people who stood up and said, "No.  We're not going to let thugs have the day.  Our Constitution is worth upholding."  Mitt Romney and Ben Sasse (and lots of others) for the win.

Here's hoping the playground bully will eventually take his ball and go home.

In the meantime, I have stuff to do.  My literacy students, even the ones who can't really read and for sure can't spell, can tell you the difference between their and there.  They know and I taught them.  And I have millions more things to teach them so I will carry on!

There's that.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails